When it comes to celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, many people think of wearing green to avoid being pinched and celebrating with a cold green beer at a local pub. When the time in your life has come where you need to think of family-friendly activities, consider the following to keep everyone involved in the festivities.
• Wear Green so you don’t get pinched!
• Make St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
• Make St. Patrick’s Day Inspired Treats
• Attend a St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Rapid City’s parade is Saturday, March 16th at 11:00 a.m.
Deadwood’s parade is Saturday, March 16th at noon
• Enjoy a Traditional Irish Dinner
Whether it’s corned beef and cabbage or a hearty Irish stew, both pair well with traditional soda bread.
• Make Leprechaun Traps
• Enjoy Family-Friendly Green Drinks
• Whip up some homemade shamrock shakes or even a float with green colored lemon-lime soda and lime sherbet.
• Learn about Ireland and St. Patrick
• Read Irish Stories
• Plant Shamrocks
If you are looking for activities throughout the Black Hills, check out these events: