Spring is soon to arrive! And what better way to celebrate the new season than a little spring cleaning. Here are a few tips from Black Hills Parent to get started on your organization spree.
Keep it Clean
- Wash Legos in a laundry net
- Pick up sequins with painters tape
- Glitter? Use a lint roller!
- Stick cars to a magnetic strip
- Use rubbing alcohol to remove markers off walls
Remove dried food particles from the microwave without scrubbing!
Place two lemon halves and a half of a cup of water in the microwave, then heat it for 5 minutes. When the time is up, wait 15 minutes with the microwave door shut. Times up! Open the door; wipe it out with a dry cloth, and voila! No more baked on food.
“Life truly begins after you have put your house in order.”
– Marie Kondo
If you’re on the Tidying Up craze following Marie Kondo’s instruction of organizing, you’ll know that boxes and dividers are going to be your best friend. Try using the boxes you already have for organizing your drawers around the house.
- Oatmeal container = store paintbrushes
- Tissue box = office supplies
- Cereal box = magazine and book storage
- Altoid container = hair ties and bobby pins
- Toilet paper rolls = makeup brushes