- Chargers / Extra Batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Bug Spray
- Activity Books
Let the Countdown Begin!
“Are we there yet?!”
Check the countdown to track your trip.
Play a Game
Try out the classics like “I Spy,” the license plate game, or alphabet billboards. Roadtrip bingo or a scavenger hunt can be a great way to pass the time, too! Find printouts at blackhillsparent.com.
Little Artist Studio
Keep their favorites at their fingertips by using shower accessories with suction cups. Attach the holders to their window to hold small toys, snacks, colored pencils, and more!
Audiobooks can be both entertaining and educational for the entire family. Here are some of our favorites:
- JK Rowling series
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
- How to Train Your Dragon series
- Twilight saga
- Captain Underpants
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell
- Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery
- Junie B Jones by Barbara Parks
- Ramona books by Beverly Cleary
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing/ Super Fudge series by Judy Blume
- Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osbourne
- The Babysitter Club by Ann M. Martin
- Mary Poppins by T.L. Travers
Encourage Good Behavior
Roadtrips can get long for wiggly kiddos. Bring out the best behavior by stopping often for short competitions like races or jump rope to win a prize! Not only will they have fun playing with the item they’ve won, their energy will dwindle from the exercise.