Black Hills Parent Classroom Cash Grant
Tell a teacher about this great opportunity! Teachers and the education they bring to children in the Black Hills are important to us at Black Hills Parent. That’s why we support creative endeavors that enrich and enhance student learning!
The Black Hills Parent Classroom Cash is a grant that will provide the selected educator/s with funds to be used towards projects that go above and beyond–helping our students learn outside of the box. Nominations will be accepted through the first semester of 2015 (August-December) with the awarded give to one teacher in the Black Hills the first week the Spring 2016 semester (January).
Looking for ideas?
• Holiday crafts that give back
• Habitat learning
• Catapult construction
• Field trip expenses
• Poetry books
• Owl Pellet Dissection
• Attention Expanding Accommodations
To assist in creating experiences that enrich and enhance student learning by supporting the educator with financial means.
Submission Due Date:
2015-2016 Grant: Application due ON or BEFORE: Monday, 12/30/2015
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
- Applicant must be an employee of a South Dakota School District located in the Black Hills who provides direct services to students.
- Applicant must use this application form and process with an option for video submission. *Videos must include a response to each question.
- Applicant is responsible for filling out the form in its entirety and utilizing the granted funds in meeting needs within his or her classroom/school.
- Applicants must receive written approval from their administrator prior to applying and must be attached with application.
- Applicants are encouraged to “like” the Black Hills Parent Facebook page.
- Recipient is encouraged to share that they received a grant from Black Hills Parent magazine with their social media connections if the grant is awarded.
- Recipient will be required to notify the parents of their students that they received a grant from Black Hills Parent magazine. A certificate of achievement will be provided upon BHP Classroom Cash granting.
Selection & Notification:
- All applications must be received by the dates listed below.
- A selection committee of Black Hills Parent magazine sponsors will review the grant requests for selection and final approval. Use of social media voting may or may not be used in the selection process.
- All grant applicants will be notified in writing. Please do no contact Black Hills Parent magazine regarding the status of your application.
- Teachers will be eligible to receive one grant.
Funds to be Awarded:
Black Hills Parent will award $100 total in Classroom Cash for the 2015-2016 school year. If more than one project is selected, or project request is less than full amount, more than one recipient may be awarded the grant funds.
Funding will not be given for the following:
- Food or Incentives
- Travel – with the exception of field trips
- Capital Projects
- Staff Development